Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas and New Years

As I sit here (already in my jammies at 8:22 pm) eagerly awaiting 2012 with my husband, I can't help but wonder, is this how Joseph, Mary, and the Wise Guys felt when they waited for the birth of our Savior? I'm sure they were much more eager since they were waiting for the Son of God and I'm just waiting for mid-night. Then I thought, why don't people feel this way when celebrating Christmas. Of course, some people do for the presents, but the vast majority do not eagerly wait for mid-night Christmas Eve night to celebrate the greatest gift of all, just they gifts they will receive the next morning. I am grateful for the gifts I received, but I must say I was most excited about spending Sunday morning in church with my family (those I've been given and those I've chosen). Of course until my dad fell and broke his arm (prayers please) Christmas morn. But still, I loved being in church with the ones I loved.
Now, I'd like to say I am eagerly awaiting Jesus coming again, and I am excited to party it up in H-Town with my Main Man and those who have gone before me, but I find sometimes that I think I have some unfinished business that I want to do before I head Upstairs.  I guess my New Years Resolution needs to be to focus more on how awesome my life is going to be in Heaven. There it is, my New Years Resolution.

Happy New Year!
and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment